Teaching Evolution

A blog devoted to teaching evolution, both in our schools and in our communities.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tienanmen - Google 图片搜索

You've probably heard about Google.cn, the new Chinese version of Google. The search company has agreed to filter information so that it's to the Chinese government's liking. Google's official blog discusses the matter here.

I wanted to know what the Chinese version of Google is like, but I can't read Chinese, so I decided to try some Google Images searches on the Chinese version of the site. It sure doesn't look like it's doing much filtering to me. Here's what you see when you type in "Tiananmen Square."

UPDATE: Apparently I didn't think they were filtering it because I was spelling it wrong.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger DannyNoonan said...

So did you get a "Did you mean Tiananmen?" message? I suppose you wouldn't know if it was in Chinese. If there is no such message, I wonder if google left it out on purpose to preserve the tank pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home